Friday, May 8, 2009

Happy DAY Mother's!

God bless all you mom's. I don't want to say "Happy Mother's DAY" because being a mother is a 24/7 job that is probably the most under-appreciated position a female could have. Like a good farmer, you are over-worked and under appreciated, but very, very necessary. YOU are the glue, the staple, the paper clip, you are the hinge that makes it ALL work. Like a seasoned CEO from a Fortune 500 company, you know how to meet deadlines and schedules. The early morning madness of getting the kids ready for school; packed lunches, breakfast, last minute homework, making sure the kids clean behind the ears, tying the shoes, then the standard declaration "I love you, and be good".
After work you rush to meet schedules of sports practices or games. 'Soccer Mom's, Basketball Mom's, Football Mom's, MOM's! (Manager Of Mountains). The mom mobile is on the road with the troops getting to places quicker than a New York taxi driver in rush hour. You are probably a candidate for 'mom of the year'. Of course things change when the kids get older. They drive now, more time away from home with friends, and your 'worry-years' begin. I know great moms never stop worrying about their kids, my mom still worries about me and I am 46! I tell her not to worry and her reply to me is, "Larry, you will never know what it is like to be a mom. I will always worry about my two kids, and no matter how old you are you will always be my little boy."
A special God bless you to the single moms, and the grandmas who are caring for your own children's kids. Your heart is bigger than the world, and your reward is bigger than the universe.
A farmer knows things about the land that one may never understand; a great mom knows things that we will never understand.
Happy DAY Mother's!
Larry

Copy and forward as you like. (but send people back to my blog)

1 comment: