Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Is TRUTH perished from your life?

Without proper support any structure will fail when a load is placed upon it greater than it can handle. This support is TRUTH.


In the late 1800's William James, 'the father of modern psychology' wrote of the notion that 'Truth was relative to time, place, and purpose." This philosophy makes provision for what once was truth to be changed according to circumstances, and situations.

Alcoholism is being considered a disease instead of a conscience choice. Pedophilia is being studied to see if a disturbance in the brain causes this desire, if so, then that will become a disease instead of a sin. Abortion has been a news worthy item for years as a choice.

What a world we would live in if we had an excuse for everything we did. All the sins were relative to time, place, and purpose. It is ok to steal food because I was wanting to feed my family. The good outways the bad syndrome. Very dangerous attitude. Do we truly rely on God anymore for our DAILY BREAD? Go to my blog about FAITH and check it out.

Read Deuteronomy 4:7-9 (the entire chapter is worthy of reading) God says in part ".....what nation that hath statutes and judgements so righteous as all this law....". He goes on and tells the people to teach them to their sons and their sons' sons. Truth does not change. And TRUTH must be protected by memory, and passing it along.

Years later in Jeremiah 7:28 we see that the nation does not obey the voice of God; nor receiveth correction; is cut off from their mouth (stopped passing it down); AND 'truth is perished'. Scary. Read chapter 8:7-12 (sound like AMerica?) Check out the next few chapters to see how God handled this.

Oh, Larry, this is the Old Testament and this is the history of Israel. Yep, you are correct. BUT, is there not a lesson to be learned for today? Is obeying God now different from obeying God then? I think not. He is longsuffering, but his judgements are still true.

Jesus said in John 14:6 "I am the truth." And in Hebrews 13:8 we read, "Jesus Christ, the SAME yesterday, and to day, and for ever." Verse 9 tells us that 'it is a good thing that the heart be ESTABLISHED'.

Is your heart established today?

Things may look good today, and promising for tomorrow, but if you don't have established truth in your life it could all disappear. These two snow people I made a few years ago are gone. After I created them they were happy for a season. But they were subject and bound by the laws of 'thawing and melting'.
Today I am going to search my heart and be sure I am on the path that will help me NOT to melt when trouble comes. I want the truth in my heart.
"I am a stranger in the earth: hide not thy commandments from me."
Psalm 119:19

"Thy Word is very pure; therefore thy servant loveth it." Ps. 119:140

"FOREVER, O Lord, thy Word is settled in heaven." Ps. 119:89

Have a great day! and please feel free to post a comment.

2 comments:

  1. I do think most of us are excellent justifiers when it comes to sin. Parent's fault, I blame the school, boss...we are raising a society that never wants to be accountable.

    We must start with teaching accountability for our actions to our children.

    But we also balance it with mercy when true repentance is shown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gained 30 pounds after I had knee replacment suregery, and I did not force myself to get up and move (loseing my job did not help) but I love to eat. I don't have a eating disorder, I love food and I give into temptation way to much.

    No one puts a gun to my head to make me eat that triple whopper with cheese. I decide to do so!

    I mean now they are saying it's wrong to fail kids, or put a red mark on there paper.
    people that make bad decisions should not be rewared..

    OK I am going to shut up now before I get all political....

    ReplyDelete