Monday, April 20, 2009

Faith that will or can?

There is often an area in our faith called doubt. Sometimes it shows up at the beginning, sometimes at the end, often in the middle, but is does show up. It is always between the 'can he do it' and 'will he do it'. An acronym I use for doubt is 'Defeat Over the Unknown By Thinking'. This is not a blind faith, but often we ask 'how is he going to do that, when the doctors say there's no hope?', or 'why would he do this for me?', or what do I need to do to help?, or 'when will he do this?' These are seeds of doubt festering in our mind.

We control only two parts of the prayer cycle.
*Making time for prayer. *And our measure of faith.

'Hath God said?' (Genesis 3:1) has reigned in the hearts of men since that time in the garden. This is why when Jesus talks about prayer he tells us to believe. He really sums it up in Matthew 21:22 where he says, "And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, ye shall receive."
Hmmm, I ask you and myself, 'Hath God said?'

Jesus also tells us in Mark 11:24, "What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, BELIEVE that ye receive them, and ye shall have them." WOW, even my desires! Listen, this is awesome, and let me add that if you have the faith to believe God for answers, then your desires will be his desires. So, no winning lottery numbers, sorry.

Here are some passages you may want to check out.

Luke 11:1-13 Luke 18:1-8 Matthew 14:25-33

These are only three of many passages that cover asking, faith, and doubt. Look in the back of your Bible's concordance for those words and read the passages, not just the verse but the story around that verse.

Prayer is our only link with God to receive. Don't be afraid to expect things from God. He wants us to. If God had no intention or little intention of answering our prayers why would Satan make such an effort in causing us to doubt? Maybe he knows something we don't? Maybe.

Enjoy the video.

2 comments:

  1. thank you for stopping by my blog!I have a feeling your blog will be a great help to me! I am a bible believer..Jesus is my best friend...and yet how easy is it to get distracted...scared..too busy!!! I will keep reading here....

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME! I APPRECIATE THAT SO MUCH!!!

    ReplyDelete